April 2010 Ramblings
April 28, 2010, 12AM:
Time to Refocus
My first 3 weeks or so back to poker have been pretty rough. I started out up and down just a little bit, but about a week ago I hit a pretty sick downswing. I think there are several reasons for this.
1) Bad luck. There is no question in my mind that I have run pretty bad in tournaments and really bad in cash.
2) Tilting. I have been way to quick to tilt of money in the cash games. I get coolered in one pot and before you know it I have 4 tables open and I am playing very poorly trying to win big pots.
3) Bad play. I feel like I am playing close to how I did back when I was doing well in tournaments. I know there are things I can do better though. In the cash games...I definitely need to improve. I have never really played very much cash, but I have been much more interested in it lately. However, I know that I am not playing as well as I would like to.
That being said. I am going to set some goals for May. I will be able to play quite a bit in May, so I want to start out in the right direction and with the right mind set.
1) Cash: I am going to dig through posts on 2+2 and really work on leaks in my cash game play. I am going to stick to proper bankroll management. I am going to stick to 2 tables for at least 5,000 hands to make sure I am playing well before I try to add tables.
2) MTTs: Up my volume. Focus on identifying weak spots at the table that I can pick on/isolate/reraise/etc. Final table something for the love of God!
Unfortunately I am in a situation where I am close to broke on FTP. If I get lucky and win something really soon great, but most likely I will need to redeposit which is something I have never really had to do. I am also pretty broke right now. I owe my mom for school and whatnot so I would most likely be limited to approx. a $40 deposit from an upcoming paycheck. I would also love to start mixing in tourneys on Stars, but I am going to wait to do that until I am out of debt.
Last Update: April 28, 2010, 12:59AM
April 12, 2010, 9AM:
Most important things in cash games
In cash games, I think the most important things are as follows in order;
- bankroll management
- always playing regarding the EV
- reading the tells well and bluffing
For the 1st to the 3rd, if you do not succeed in the previous one(s), the rest does not matter. For example, if you can perfectly read the tells but you have very bad bakroll management and you do not care about the EV, you lose in the long term.
For example, take Tom Dwan, he always starts a sessoin with nearly 1/15 of his entire bankroll, never more. He sometimes loses a million in a few day, but it does not matter, 14/15 of his money is still with him. Also, he usually plays regarding the EV, does not bet when he has odds for winning %45 or less. And being the third, he reads the opponents well.
I have failed so much at the first one, and also at the second one. Also I very often was on tilt.
I have registered to a new poker room, Juicy Stakes poker. Also, I play on Aspinalls Poker. I have heard that on cake network, only one room allowed for rake back, I hope raketherake.com and the room accepts my rakeback deal for Juicy Stakes Poker. Otherwise, I plan to play on Aspinalls and Cake poker.
Last Update: April 12, 2010, 2:28AM
April 7, 2010, 1AM:
im liking these shootout sngs - lots of supreme suck outs on the river for me. will need to get up to date - before i forget EVERYTHING. usa must win the america cup.
Last Update: April 7, 2010, 3:54AM