Recent Online Poker Log Blog Entries
March 4, 2010, 7PM: Played 2 hours, Lost $73.00 at Casino Del Sol
$73 Buy-In No-Limit Texas Hold'em Tournament (35th out of 43 Players)
Couldn't get anything going and got felted on the false read.
1. (Good) Blinds 25/50. 4 limped and I checked in BB with AcQc (yup I'm that tight now). Flop comes Kc6c3. UTG+2 (Mr ultra tight and always-think-he-is-beat) bet 300, only I called. Turn 7o. Led for 700 and he folded.
2. (Good) Blinds 100/200. UTG+1 (Dealer James, who is decent) limped, I limped from CO w/ Ac8c. SB folded, BB checked. Flop 7c2c7d. James led for 1,000, with 2,400 behind. I min-raised, he flatted. Turn 8, he shoved I called. he got TT. He won.
His range is really narrow here, but there's a lot I can beat. I put him on a 7, flush (obviously worse) draw, or a small pair. He had the last thing I thought he had.
3. (Well, bad I guess) 200/400. The word is wrong tell. UTG+2 peeked at his card, thought about that, and made it 1k. I instantly put him on nada. BTN (big stack) called and SB called. I have 8k in chips and ATo, decided to stick to my read and shoved. Well my read couldn't be more wrong, UTG+2 had aces.
Last Update: March 5, 2010, 12:12PM | Permalink (0 Comments)
March 4, 2010, 5PM: Played 2 hours, Lost $19.00 at Casino Del Sol
$2 No-Limit Texas Hold'em
Have been really busy, and it doesn't hurt to take a break from my disastrous run. Finally went for a session before the Thursday deep stack tourney. Played well, still in the red but no complaint! Got to get back on track!
1. (good) 3 limped and I'm on the button with TT, having limped with the same hand when I first sat down, and end up showing my hand down, I raised to 17. UTG (loose passive player) called, as did UTG+2 (young aggressive player). Flop comes 689 rainbow. UTG+2 shipped for 59, I reshipped for 100 more and UTG folded. He had JTo, I hold.
2. (good) Straddle is on, I limped with Ac4c. CO (aggressive player from last hand) raised to $20. Straddle called, which he probably planned to defend 100% of the time. I called as well. CO had around $60 behind.
Flop T85 rainbow, all checked. Turn 6, I bet 50, and they all folded.
Took advantage of my tight image, which I haven't had for a long time. I played ultra tight, well, because of my recent bad runs. I was scared.
3. (whatever, cards played itself) UTG (same aggressive player again) limped, UTG+1 raised to 6. UTG been really playing a really stupid game, raised to 6, and then folded to reraise of like 17 with plenty of money behind. And he does that like every other hand. 1 called, I called from SB with 88. Now UTG limp-reraise to 25. Well everybody else folded. UTG only had 59 to start the hand so I shipped. He called with AdQc.
Flop: A9d6d "argh..."
Turn: 8d "YES!"
River: 2d "Oh...."
Last Update: March 5, 2010, 10:12AM | Permalink (0 Comments)
March 4, 2010, 12AM: Played 1 hour, 34 minutes, Made $43.57 at full tilt rush
$0.25 Pot-Limit Omaha
was the typical roller coaster situation where I got down early getting my AA cracked by QQ all in preflop and him finding the Q 2 3 give me 2 outs flop. Then I went on a nice runner and got up about 50, came crashing back down to stuck 30 and finally going a nice heater to get winner. The key hand on the way back up was the hand that drives me insane but usually I am on the other end of it, I have QQ in sb and bb raises pre. Flop is A Q J, I also flop gutshot and 10 high flush draw, but I don't ever go nuts with it. The turn is a J, he pots it for 4.50 and I just call, the river is the case Q and I go for the check raise and get it as he bets 9 and I shove in for 12 more. He of course has AA for a rough beat, but I feel like I am owed many of those.
Last Update: March 4, 2010, 12:25AM | Permalink (0 Comments)
March 3, 2010, 11PM: Played 4 hours, Made $145.00 at Sandia
$2 No-Limit Texas Hold'em
Made a mistake early where I flop a set of Aces and another guy flops a set of tens. We both check and I should have just led out. The turn made the board A104J. And we both check called another player down. Should have stacked him.
Raised five of my small pocket pairs in late position and was getting four and five callers every time. Nothing very memorable from the session. Very Active player raises to $6 and I re-raise to $21 from the button. He calls and the flop is 10c7c4d. He bets $20 and I raise to $65. He shoves all-in for $100 more. I fold and he shows Ks10s. I won a nice little pot with AA. Five callers at $9 preflop, then two at $35 on the flop of 2c6c8s.
Last Update: March 3, 2010, 11:30PM | Permalink (0 Comments)
February 28, 2010, 1PM: Played 2 hours, 30 minutes, Made $3.00 at Pokerstars
$10 Buy-In No-Limit Texas Hold'em Tournament (5,000th out of 35000 Players)
Haven't played the Sunday quarter mil for a long time. Been running so bad live so I decide to just play a little online.
Played pretty bad and donked off half my stack, then double back in this hand. Thought I was bluffing but I was ahead the whole time though.
Blinds 50/100. Effective stack 1400. I opened to 449 UTG+1 with KQo, SB called. Flop comes 6cAh5c, he checked I shoved. He called with Tc7c. Turn Jh, river Th, double back!
I got blinded down to 2200, then triple up when my KK held up against QQ and JJ. After that I slowly chipped up when this hand comes up.
Blinds 300/600/50. Effective stack 13k. UTG called, I called on the button with 68s, SB completed and BB checked. Flop comes T74 rainbow. UTG bet 1800 and I called with my double gutter. Turn 9! 2 clubs on the board. UTG bet 4800, almost half my remaining stack so I shoved, he is drawing dead with AA. 27k stack, 16k average.
Then this hand completely destroyed my tight image.
Effective stack ~24k. Blinds 400/800/75, I opened in MP to 1899 with 42o. SB flat, and BB folded. Flop comes 3d5Jd. SB checked I checked. Turn is 9, and he led for 2400, I called. River A! He check-called 4567 from me, I guess he had a pretty good hand. 35k stack!
Very next hand I lost 99<A4o AIPF. Kings and jacks on the board lol. I lost some small pots, then this hand crippled me right before bubble time.
Effective stack 12k. Blinds 500/1000/100, MP opened to 2000, been really active lately and folded to 3 bet. I shove with TT. He called with JTo.
Flop 78K "no nine no jack!", turn Q, "no nine no jack no ace!" River ... A.
Down to 3368 and it costs 2400 per orbit. Had to post both blinds before bubble burst. I doubled one time and finally 66<79. gg.
Last Update: March 2, 2010, 1:47AM | Permalink (0 Comments)
February 28, 2010, 1PM: Played 4 hours, 30 minutes, Made $190.00 at Sandia
$2 No-Limit Texas Hold'em
Played pretty well, but donked off a large portion of my winnings.
9s10s UTG+2 and I limp. Prak raises to $12 and Pat calls. Both of these players are loose aggressive. I call and the flop is 7hJs8d. Pat fires $30. I call way too fast. I always think to call fast like I am on a draw, but when I have a draw or a semi-bluff situation, I am very deliberate. Prak shoves for $70 more and Pat folds. I insta-call and he has 7d8h. Dodge the four outer and pick up a nice pot.
Kd10d in the SB. Limped six way pot. Flop is Jd6d3d. I lead out for $6. BB calls and Prak raises to $12. We both call. Turn is the 9s. I lead out for $27. I did this to try to squeeze the BB and it looks like the 9 somehow helped me. BB calls and Prak shoves for $65 more. I call and the BB calls off his last $25. I flip over right away and the BB has Jh9h. I don't know if Prak was live, but I gathered a nice little pot.
10d10h on the button. Pat is the only limper in the cutoff and I raise to $13. She then re-raises to $37. I have $540 and she has $350 I call and the flop is Qc7c9s. She bets $55 and I am trying to study her manner. Her neck is pulsing off the charts which I have usually found to be a bluff. Not with her specifically, but in general. She has also turned into a statue which is bluffish. I decide that she could really have AK here. Why did she limp in the cutoff with a hand that beats me? I call and the turn is a Qd. She checks and now I think she is ready to hand over her bluffing AK just a decent sized bet and this pot is mine. Okay $60 sounds good. I bet and then she shoves all-in on me. WTF?! I fold. She said she had KK, but she is constantly lying about her hands and I can't believe anything she says.
Last Update: March 1, 2010, 12:06AM | Permalink (0 Comments)
February 27, 2010, 12PM: Played 6 hours, 45 minutes, Lost $200.00 at Isleta
$200 Buy-In No-Limit Texas Hold'em Tournament (45th out of 133 Players)
$10,000 added to the pool. Pretty sweet tourney as 1st place paid $9,500. I just suck at tourneys. I don't feel like I played poorly and I don't recall any big blunders. It is hard to improve when the results don't seem to be affected by any adjustments. I've tried to alter my playing style and ranges, but just can't get over the hump. I have decided to hit the online lab hard and try to find improvement. I guess the source of my frustration with tourneys is that when I have good results, I seem to have just gotten lucky. When I feel like I have played well, the results don't follow. When I play well in a cash game, the positive results are almost always there right beside my play.
Last Update: February 28, 2010, 11:45PM | Permalink (0 Comments)
February 27, 2010, 4PM: Played 6 hours, Lost $400.00 at Casino Del Sol
$2 No-Limit Texas Hold'em
Pretty bad start for a first entry, gotta try to motivate myself though. Play bad, and doesn't help when I don't catch my cards.
Tags for how I feel the way I play it: fantastic, nice, decent, bad, terrible
1. (bad) 1 limped, crazy Asian in MP (did I mention I'm Asian as well) opened for $11, tight player called from cutoff. In SB with 99, popped it to $36, crazy Asian snap folded, tight player thought about it and called. Effective stack ~$150. Flop Qc7c4, I had no club. led $40 and he called. Turn Ac, I gave up and he checked. River blanked and I checked, he bet $50, I folded. Later he told me he had JcTc. Ew.
Bad but not terrible, as there isn't much he can call on the flop. Good return for my $40 bet.
2. (nice) It's always easy when you have it. UTG picked up KK, opened for $12, button called all-in for exactly that. BB (Ted, a tight and passive short-stacker, nice guy though) called. Ted had around $65 behind. Flop comes KcQc4, Ted led for $7, I raised to $27, he called. Turn Q, he went all-in and I called. Ted had AQ. Only high point of the day.
3. (decent) MP raised to $11, I called from cutoff with AsQs, both blinds called. Flop comes KT3 rainbow one spade. MP led for $16, I called and the blinds folded. Effective stack ~$180. Turn blank and he checked, I bet $40 and he went all-in, I folded.
I did what I want to do, to float the flop, and try to pick it up on the turn. It sucks they always have it.
4. (Terrible) One of the weirdest hand ever, and I couldn't have played it any worse. I called UTG+1 with Ah6h. 3 called. Button (crazy Asian) deliberated as usual and called. SB raised to $11, BB folded and I called. Big stack called. Button now raised to $50 and we are like WTH? Doesn't make sense. SB folded, and I thought about it and called (epic terrible) with only $130 behind. Big stack folded. Flop comes 4h67, I checked, he bet $75, I shipped and he tank called with 99. Nothing good happened.
Epic terrible. As much as I'm annoyed by the re-raise, there is no way I can call that. He limped on the button then try to make a move, he might have small suited connector, but more likely middle pair and is exactly what he had. I donked off $180 just like that.
Last Update: February 28, 2010, 11:19AM | Permalink (0 Comments)
February 23, 2010, 1PM: Played 12 hours, 30 minutes, Lost $50.00 at Sandia
$2 No-Limit Texas Hold'em
Missed every single draw for an entire session. I had a lot of good bluffs that basically saved my session. It took me an hour to win my first pot.
9s9c on the button. Benji in the hijack raises to $5 and Sour Mike calls. I raise to $25. Benji calls and Mike calls. Flop is Qh3s8s. Benji goes all-in for $105 and Mike folds. That is a strange bet if he has AQ or KQ. It seems more like a flush draw bet. Maybe Js10s. I think for a while and then call. He has QsJs. Ouch.
KsKc UTG. I raise to $10 and get four callers. Flop is Js10s4s. I bet $25 and the player to my left is all-in for $80 more. It folds back to me. He would slow play the nuts here. It is probably J10 and I am a slight favorite there. I call and he does have Jh10h. I miss both streets. 14 and 16 outs.
Missed 6h9h in a $220 pot on a board of Qh7h8d against QJ.
Missed AhJh in a $250 pot on a board of KhQh7s against KQ.
Missed Kc5c in a $345 pot on a board of 4c7c6s against 44 and 67.
Last Update: February 28, 2010, 1:55AM | Permalink (0 Comments)
February 26, 2010, 2PM: Played 6 hours, 45 minutes, Made $170.00 at Sandia
$5 No-Limit Texas Hold'em
This was the lamest 2/5 session I have ever had. I was never up more than $200 and never down more than $80. The table was not bad. Their were always a couple fish at the table. Continuation bet constantly and it worked well at the table. Only a couple of notable hands.
Good Players - Jimmy, Big Jim
? Players - Lubbock Karl, Julie, Professor
Notable Fish - Randy
AsKs in the hijack. Two limpers and I make it $20 to go. One super station calls. Flop is 8s2d2h. He checks and I bet $25. He calls. Turn is the 5h. He checks and I bet $60 and he calls. At this juncture I know I am beat and decide to shut down against the super station. River is the 3d. We both check and he has 8c6s. I really hate that turn bet.
AsQd in the cutoff. Three limpers and I raise to $25. Super Station and Jim call. Flop is AcJc3h. Checked to me and I bet $50. Jim raises to $150 and I fold.
3c4c on the button. Three limpers to me and I make it $25. A weak player, Julie and Jimmy call. Flop is 9c2s6h. Jimmy leads out for $60 into $100. I know Jimmy is a good player with a good range. I don't think he leads with a set into such a dry board. I also know he will lay down a nine in this spot. The only hand I am worried about is him pursuing a 78 and I only have $300 in front of me. It may not be enough for two barrels. I raise to $200 and all three players fold.
Last Update: February 28, 2010, 12:55AM | Permalink (0 Comments)