Frequently Asked Questions1. How did Online Poker Log come about?
2. Who builds this site?
3. How does using this site as my personal poker tracker and journal benefit me?
4. How much does it cost to use this site as my personal poker tracker?
5. Can I make my poker log private?
6. Why should I even have my poker log public?
7. How do I become a featured user?
8. Can I receive email notification when someone posts a reply to my poker log?
9. Can I receive email notification when another user posts a new entry?
10. Why should I keep my location entries consistent?
11. How do I comment on other users entries?
12. Can I add hand histories to my posts?
13. How do I add a link or image when I write comment?
1. How did Online Poker Log come about? (top)
This site was not intentionally created. The owner had years of poker sessions in a paper journal as a poker tracker. After the journal was "misplaced", by an ex-girlfriend who despised his hobby, he decided he needed a more secure location for such valuable information. His friend suggested putting it on a server accessible by the internet. Basic access and logging features where then created for poker trackers. Due to popularity and convenience, more and more players are using the site and requesting more features. To view the progress and updates made to the site please visit the What's New blog.
2. Who builds this site? (top)
DeDobber and DeiYuo are responsible for building and the progress of this website. As we are very open with any concerns, requests or suggestions for improvement, please feel free to email us.
3. How does using this site as my personal poker tracker and journal benefit me? (top)
Tracking your poker play and results has many benefits for the recreational player to the full time professional. Unlike a paper journal, your poker log will never be lost or destroyed. Since it is on a website you are able to access your account from anywhere at anytime. For those that keep spreadsheets on your machine you and are not dependent on your own desktop nor risk losing your data if your system fails. Once in the habit of posting all your poker sessions it becomes much easier to do and is quite rewarding to reflect on your progress and misfortunes. Consistently tracking every poker session also gets you into a winning mindset. It helps to keep you aware of your weaknesses, strengths and motivates you to improve your poker game.
4. How much does it cost to use this site as my personal poker tracker? (top)
This site was built for free use and we never plan on charging users for this privilege.
5. Can I make my poker log private? (top)
Yes, once you are logged into your blog account click "Make my Log Private". This will hide your monetary progress from the public. You can toggle from private to public at your discretion.
6. Why should I even have my poker log public? (top)
This is a very good question. Since you can create a user name to conceal your identity having your poker log public has many benefits. It allows other users to see your progress and failures, making it easier for them to give you advice and encouragement. It also makes it easier for everyone to compare results in similar games and limits.
7. How do I become a featured user? (top)
Featured users are users with the most log entries.
8. Can I receive email notification when someone posts a reply to my poker log? (top)
Yes, an email will be sent to your registered email address when another user posts a comment to any of your entries.
9. Can I receive email notification when another user posts a new entry? (top)
Yes, you can subscribe to watch other users blogs. When you are watching another members blog you will receive an email every time that user adds a new entry. To subscribe to watch a users log, log into your account and access that members' blog in which you wish to subscribe. To subscribe and unsubscribe to watching that users blog simply click "watch this log"
10. Why should I keep my location entries consistent? (top)
When you post a new entry you are asked to submit a location name.Keeping your location descriptions consistent is important when viewing the "performance by location" section under "more stats". This feature allows you to view your performance by specific and all locations. If, for example, you play poker at the Bellagio and post the location as, "Bellagio", "B" and "Bell" you will end up with three different graphs with three different title locations, when actually it is should only be one location with one graph.
11. How do I comment on other users entries? (top)
To comment on another users entry simply access the entry in which you wish to comment on and click the "permalink".
12. Can I add hand histories to my posts? (top)
Yes, but currently only Party Poker hand histories are capable of being uploaded. We are in the progress of adding additional sites hand histories and working on displaying more information based on those hand histories.
13. How do I add a link or image when I write comment? (top)
Please see Comment Markup